Postal Money Orders Instructions
Please follow these instructions for sending Postal Money Orders for payment
Only United States Postal Service (USPS) Money Orders are accepted, as they offer the best protection for everyone.
- Before going to the post office, please print out these instructions, or have them handy on your phone 🙂
- Also be sure to bring an envelope, along with your phone to take a picture, which is all described below. Oh, and don't forget to bring a lunch. I'm just kidding, this is painless.. unless you're hungry, of course.
~Go up to the counter and ask for a Money Order (MO) in the amount your order comes to. There will be a small fee for it, which goes to USPS.
~The MO will be perforated; the small section is your receipt (please hold onto it, along with your paper transaction receipt, as it is the only way to get your money back should it get lost in the mail), and the larger section is the actual MO going to me.
~On the MO itself, on the left hand side please just write my name ( Lisa Butler ) in the 'Pay To' field. There is no need to write an address. Where there is a memo line at the bottom, please leave blank. On the right side of the MO where it asks for your name and address, please leave that blank as well.
~On YOUR receipt, which again hold onto, please write:
PO Box 455
Wakefield, RI 02880
~Next, please use a regular business envelope and write my name and address as shown above.
~Then add any ol piece of paper inside the envelope (I don't mind if it's a gum wrapper.. just leave any chewed gum out) with your name and order number on it.
- You can find your order number in 2 ways:
- As soon as your order goes through, a page will pop up with all of your order information. You will see your order number at the top left.
- You will receive an automated invoice email right after placing your order. The order number can be found right above your order information.
~Then please take a picture of the MO and the envelope before enclosing (you need to ensure they are both filled out exactly as described above), and send ASAP to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email write your order number and then 'Money Order'. In the body of the email, please let me know you will be sending me the MO, and include the above mentioned picture. Once I receive this, I will notate your order that you will be paying via MO. As soon as I receive the MO, I will notate it as 'Paid'.
**AS OF NOVEMBER 2018, WE ARE NOW REQUIRING THAT MONEY ORDERS GET MAILED WITH TRACKING. AFTER SEALING THE ADDRESSED ENVELOPE WITH ALL CONTENTS INSIDE, PLEASE GO UP TO THE COUNTER AND ASK THE CLERK TO MAIL IT WITH TRACKING. THEN BE SURE TO TAKE YOUR TRACKING RECEIPT WHICH WILL HAVE THE TRACKING NUMBER ON IT, AND PLEASE EMAIL ME THE NUMBER (OR YOU MAY TAKE A PICTURE OF THE TRACKING NUMBER ON THE RECEIPT).**
~Please note that in most cases orders will not be shipped until the Money Order is received.
~This is all easy peasy, I'm just being detailed as usual 🙂 Thank you!